Pima Dermatology, PC, has proudly served the Tucson, Arizona community for over 30 years. We are currently seeking a full-time Front Office professional to join our thriving practice.
Our full-service, state-of-the art, 10,000+ square foot facility provides Adult, Pediatric and Cosmetic Dermatology as well as Laser and Skin Surgery services. We are an office-based surgical center accredited through the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), making us the only full-service dermatology practice in Southern Arizona to earn this distinction.
NATURE OF WORK: A customer service professional to fulfill front desk operations in a high volume/demanding medical practice. Answer multi-line telephone system in a courteous/prompt manner, while operating front desk check-in and/or check-out operations. Strong emphasis in assisting patients with appointment scheduling, documentation and inquires. There is a substantial need for attention to specifics and memory to detail. This person will demonstrate a strong commitment to assist patients, providers and staff in all departments.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Answer high number of inbound calls. Accurately answer questions and triage in a timely manner
• Enter information from received calls into electronic database while maintaining accuracy without omitting any questions/ information needed
• Outbound phone calls to answer patient messages, referrals and/or appointment rescheduling
• Document properly
• Schedule, Reschedule, & Cancel appointments in accordance with provider requests and guidelines
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, memorize high volumes of information, and follow customer service office scripting and protocols
RECEPTION CHECK-IN AND/OR CHECK-OUT:
• Greet patients in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner
• Assist patients checking-in on the kiosk(s)
• Update/verify patient information, obtain necessary forms and signatures
• Verify patient insurance eligibility; explain insurance and financial policies
• Schedule follow-up appointments and reminder calls
• Collect deposits, pre-pays, cosmetic fees, and no-show fees
• Sell products and prescriptions; verify prescriptions before selling and document in controlled substance log
• File fee tickets, balance payments, and perform assigned clerical duties/side work
• Assist fellow receptionists to provide back-up and coverage for all reception seats and duties
• Open and/or close office according to established protocol-scheduled hours and position duties; this is always subject to change due to office needs
• Distribute correspondence and messages appropriately using electronic database
• Oversee the completion and generation of various side work duties such as confirmation calls and e-mails, recall letters, stocking, insurance verification/ authorizations, selling products, etc.
• Maintain strict patient confidentiality
• Attend meetings as requested
• Volunteer for paid outside work events
• Must be able to staff satellite office when needed
• Enhance professional growth and development through in-service meetings and educational programs
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Interpersonal Skills
a. Deal effectively and courteously with patients and staff
b. Communicate clearly
c. Be cheerful, helpful, and tactful at all times
d. Maintain courteous and professional telephone etiquette
e. Ability to multi-task and fulfill rotating job duties daily
2. Computer/Equipment Skills
a. Maintain knowledge of office computer system
b. Maintain knowledge of multi-line phone system
c. Maintain knowledge of office equipment, copier, calculator and other
a. Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times
b. Maintain knowledge of office policies and procedures
c. Ability to read, understand and follow instructions
Education: High school diploma or GED
Two years of patient service experience in a health care organization. Dermatology and NextGen Practice Management System preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of patient service experience in a health care environment.
All qualified and interested candidates can submit their resumes and letters of interest to Rachel Chánes, Practice Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.