Our full-service, state-of-the-art, 7,500 square foot facility provides Adult, Pediatric and Cosmetic Dermatology, and Laser and Skin Surgery (including Mohs). We are an ambulatory-care certified facility accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), making us the only full-service dermatology practice in Southern Arizona to earn this distinction.
We offer a warm, friendly and modern atmosphere, fully-equipped for comprehensive dermatological patient care. Our talented team includes three Board-Certified Dermatologists, two Physician Assistants, three Cosmetic Providers (all laser certified), and over 20 staff members. We have a teaching affiliation with the University of Arizona College of Medicine and have been an integral part of resident and medical student teaching for more than two decades.
COSMETIC SERVICES DEPARTMENT LEADER
Employee Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to the Practice Administrator
Pima Dermatology’s Cosmetic Services Department uses an integrated approach combining medical innovation and restorative skincare products to provide personalized beauty and wellness treatments for its patients. Our treatments aim to protect, correct, and maintain our patients’ vitality and health no matter their age.
Pima Dermatology is seeking a passionate and motivated Cosmetic Services Department Leader to join our team. The Cosmetic Services Department Leader is accountable for managing all aspects of the Cosmetic Services Department, specifically, oversight of department staff, maintaining the delivery of 5-star customer service, creating and maintaining a positive team environment, and sustaining high patient retention and referrals. Capitalizing on economies of scale and working in partnership with all departments and managers to advance our brand promise, this position will manage department costs, execute efforts to increase revenue and patient encounters, and assist with marketing and patient referral programs that elevate the community and professional profile of the department’s services and programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Practice Administrator and other internal stakeholders to set and track key department performance indicators as well as quarterly and annual individual and departmental goals
- Lead and manage daily operations of the department
- Serve as a key resource for prospective and existing Pima Dermatology patients on preventive, maintenance, and corrective cosmetic treatments and products with the goal of achieving optimal and realistic outcomes for our patients
- Perform restorative treatments including injectable treatments*, cosmetic consults, and other cosmetic treatments
- Invest time and energy in continuous learning, education, and training on the latest advances in cosmetic and skin wellness treatments and products. Support Cosmetic Department staff and associates in their continuous, professional learning endeavors.
- Work with Cosmetic Associates and Operations Director to set and manage cosmetic team schedules and optimal work flows
- Work closely with the Laser Surgical Program Director, Cosmetic Associates, and the Laser Safety Officer to help ensure that the Laser Surgical Program maintains a culture of compliance and supports laser surgery initiatives focused on quality, safety, and innovation
- Facilitate department and staff meetings that are inclusive, generative, and closely tied with the practice’s and department’s goals and objectives
- Ensure team members have the resources and support needed to perform their respective job duties and responsibilities
- Lead recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new Cosmetic Services Department Staff
- Develop high conversion rate of prospective patients into loyal and returning Pima Dermatology Cosmetic Patients
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Regularly engage with existing patients, prospective patients, and referral sources to ensure they receive the highest level of customer service every time they visit the practice
- Working closely with the Marketing and Cosmetic Product Manager, assist with the inventory and supply management program, including ordering, tracking, and reconciliation processes.
- Continually assist in developing and executing marketing initiatives that advance the goals and objectives of the department and practice
- In conjunction with the Administrative Associate, assist with all facility matters, especially as it relates to the department’s physical space
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strategic planning and budget management experience
- Experience in an aesthetic environment required
- Project management experience
- Strong education and sales skills
- Customer service and patient focused
- Positive, outgoing attitude
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Committed to the overall success of each and every team member
- Continuously strive to learn and improve
- Respond timely and follow through with all internal and external stakeholder requests
- Industry knowledge of cosmetic services, medical aesthetics and skin care products
- Experienced injector preferred
Pima Dermatology offers a generous pay structure and benefits with additional earning potential through productivity incentives as well as great opportunities for growth within the company. If you share our passion for combining medical innovation and wellness in a beautiful and inspiring setting to assist our patients with discovering their most radiant selves, apply now.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to Rachel Chánes, Practice Administrator, at email@example.com.
Pima Dermatology is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Experienced cosmetic injector is preferred, but not required*
- Bachelors of Arts and Masters Degrees preferred
- Two years of Leadership / Management / Supervisory
- One year of Cosmetic and / or Medical Aesthetics
Alternative to Minimum Qualifications:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of patient service experience in a health care environment.