Gerald N. Goldberg, MD is Pima Dermatology’s Founder, Laser Surgeon, and Dermatologist. He has been in private practice in Tucson, Arizona since 1984 where he is also a Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics at the University of Arizona. Double board-certified in Pediatrics and Dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology, he has a special interest in the laser treatment of vascular birthmarks in children as well as in laser skin resurfacing. He is one of most globally recognized laser surgeons and is certified in more than 25 laser modalities.
Dr. Goldberg graduated cum laude from Princeton University in 1973. He obtained his medical degree from the State University of New York at Syracuse in 1978 where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He completed his residency in Pediatrics in 1981 and a fellowship in Dermatology in 1983 at the University of Arizona. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS).
Dr. Goldberg is fluent in French and Spanish and has lectured nationally and internationally in three languages on four continents on a variety of laser related topics over the last three decades. He is active on many national dermatologic committees, is a reviewer for a number of national dermatology journals, and has been a leader of several dermatologic societies. He is past President of the Tucson and Sonoran Dermatology Societies and immediate past President of the Arizona Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Society (ADDSS). Dr. Goldberg is a frequent speaker at the American Academy of Dermatology, Speaker and Preceptor for the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, and a very active Speaker and Preceptor for the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, where he also currently serves on the Executive Board.
Dr. Goldberg has been instrumental in local community activities such as skin cancer screenings and volunteer medical missions in Mexico and Central America. Among many prestigious awards he has received throughout his career, he is the recipient of the two highest awards given by the ASLMS for recognition of his long career of outstanding laser work and advancements in Laser Medicine; the 2019 Ellet H. Drake Memorial Award and the 2017 Leon Goldman Memorial Award. He is married and has two incredible children and three beautiful grandchildren. His hobbies are photography, tennis, sailing, running, cycling and hiking.
Check out Dr. Goldberg’s Cutera Podcast featured on DermatologyTimes: Advancements in Aesthetics Technology Podcast Series
Professional Associations and Accomplishments:
- Board-certified in Pediatrics and Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Fellow of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Certified Diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics
- Past President ADDSS (Arizona Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Society)
- Preceptor and Board Member of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Preceptor for the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- ASLMS Ellet H. Drake Memorial Award, 2019
- ASLMS Leon Goldman Memorial Award, 2017
- Best Doctors in America, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Influential Health & Medical Leaders Award, Outstanding Dermatology / Skin Care, 2016
- Medical Advisory Board Member of the Sturge-Weber Foundation
- Past Board Member, American Cancer Society, Southern Arizona Chapter
- Spearheaded local “Free Community Skin Cancer Screenings”
- Past President of the Tucson Dermatological Society
- Past President of the Sonoran Dermatological Society
- Past Official of the Society of Pediatric Dermatology
- Past Officer of the Pacific Dermatologic Society
- Editorial Board Member of several dermatologic journals
- “Physician of the Year” recipient for community service from the Arizona Medical Association
- “Volunteer Community Service Award ” by Children’s and Family Resources, Inc. of Tucson
Next, Meet Dr. Matthew Beal