The skin rejuvenation experts at Pima Dermatology know that wrinkles and irregular skin texture can make your skin appear dull and lackluster. That’s why our board-certified dermatologists offer fractional laser skin resurfacing as an effective way to refresh your skin and to restore a youthful, radiant appearance.
What is Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing?
When it comes to fractional laser skin resurfacing, the name itself helps tell the story. Fractional laser skin resurfacing allows for the precise targeting of specific areas, or fractions, of the skin. Think of it as islands (the treated areas) surrounded by the waters of the sea (the untouched areas). During this procedure, only the targeted areas are affected, leaving surrounding areas of your skin untouched.
Fractional laser skin resurfacing uses computer-aided technology to penetrate beneath the skin’s surface, and usually results in less discomfort than standard laser resurfacing. The ultimate result is faster healing and less downtime.
View more before and after photos by visiting our photo gallery!
Fractional Laser Resurfacing Candidates
You’re an ideal candidate for fractional laser resurfacing if you’re in good overall health and have mild to moderate signs of aging, such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Lax skin
- Uneven skin tone or color
- Irregular or rough skin texture
- Scarring (especially from acne)
- Stretch marks
- Skin trauma
Treatment is safe and effective for almost any part of the body, including the face, neck, chest, hands, and arms.
Laser Treatment Options at Pima Dermatology
At Pima Dermatology, we have several types of effective, state-of-the-art laser devices to address the effects of aging skin, including:
- Erbium:YAG device (e.g., Starlux 1540nm) – Ideal for superficial skin issues. This laser usually takes several sessions to achieve the desired results.
- Fractional CO2 Laser – A more aggressive laser that typically provides results after a single session. Helps promote collagen growth in addition to treating various skin issues.
- Sciton® Halo and Profractional – The world’s only hybrid (ablative and non-ablative) fractional laser that addresses a wide variety of skin conditions with less downtime than a traditional ablative laser.
Benefits of Fractional Laser Resurfacing
Benefits of this treatment include:
- Enhanced skin tone
- Minimizing the effects of aging
- Precise targeting
- Faster treatment
- Less downtime than traditional laser resurfacing
- Fewer side effects
- Great combination with other treatments, such as Botox or dermal fillers
Contact Pima Dermatology’s Specialists Today!
The staff at Pima Dermatology has been performing laser skin resurfacing procedures for over 20 years and has the skill and experience to refresh your skin and restore a more youthful appearance. We tailor treatments to suit your unique needs and help you reach your aesthetic goals.
The best way to get the customized treatment you deserve is to schedule a private, one-on-one consultation so we can determine a treatment for your unique condition. To find out more about fractional laser skin resurfacing and its many benefits, contact the laser specialists at Pima Dermatology today!
Next, learn about tattoo removal.