Pima Dermatology has proudly served the Tucson, Arizona community for over 30 years. Our full-service, state-of-the-art, 10,400+ square foot facility provides Adult, Pediatric and Cosmetic Dermatology, and Laser and Skin Surgery (including Mohs Skin Cancer Surgery).
We offer a warm, friendly and modern atmosphere, fully-equipped for comprehensive dermatological patient care. Our talented team includes five Board-Certified Dermatologists, one Physician Assistant, four Cosmetic Providers, and over 30 staff members. We have a teaching affiliation with the University of Arizona College of Medicine and have been an integral part of resident and medical student teaching for more than two decades.
Current Positions Available
Certified Medical Assistant
Nature of Work: Assist providers to ensure that the back office runs both effectively and efficiently. Prepare patients and patient rooms and provide hands-on assistance to providers during appointments and procedures.
Job Description Includes:
- Responsible for greeting and escorting patients to exam rooms
- Performing medical intake with a focus on obtaining and inputting patient’s medical history, medications, and other important medical information.
- Heavy focus on medical scribing into the NextGen electronic medical records (EMR) system
- Setting up liquid nitrogen, biopsy trays, cleaning instruments, and other daily clinical support duties
- Preparing and assisting with procedures, minor surgeries and exams
- Collecting lab specimens
- Maintaining a clean and well-stocked work environment
- Providing education verbal and written answers to patient questions appropriately
- Providing wound care, including post-procedure patient education.
- Assisting with Laser procedures as instructed, including set up and shut down of equipment.
- Registering patient for IPLEDGE (Accutane) program, completing appropriate paperwork and ensure timely receipt of laboratory results.
- Phone triaging and response, e-prescribing prescriptions as needed
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: One year of patient service experience in a health care organization is preferred
Certificate/License: Medical Assistant Certification
- CPR required
- One year of patient service experience in a dermatology center is preferred
- NextGen experience preferred
- Team player able to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent computer skills, medical terminology and communication skills
- EMR skills preferred
- Clean Criminal/Motor Vehicle Background Check
- Negative Drug Test
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com.