We have a welcoming and safe environment that’s all-inclusive and lets the true, professional you shine! Enjoy all of the perks of a rewarding career and plenty of benefits to wow you! ️
- Fantastic TIME OFF + PARENTAL LEAVE Benefits
- Continuous EDUCATION/STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- COMPETITIVE PAY + 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive GROUP HEALTH + DENTAL Plan
- Dazzling COSMETIC + SKIN CARE Perks
We’re a team of professionals looking to build our quality staff as we grow! If you’re hoping to find a spot where you can further cultivate your skills and thrive with us, let’s connect!
NATURE OF WORK:
Provides optimal quality clinical support to patients and the entire Pima Dermatology practice. Assists medical providers ensuring that the back office runs both effectively and efficiently. Conducts medical intake, prepares patient rooms, and provides hands-on assistance to providers and the clinical department during appointments and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare patient rooms (e.g. setup liquid nitrogen, log into computers/laptops, unlock cabinets, etc.).
- Assist providers with intake, documentation and patient instructions as requested.
- Assist providers during examinations and clinical procedures.
- Ensure that exam and procedure rooms are adequately stocked at all times.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all functions of the EHR (electronic health record) system.
- Triage, answer phones, schedule appointments and take messages for providers.
- Pharmacy related calls (e.g. refills, prescription clarification, etc.).
- Prior authorizations for medications, when necessary.
- Patient education; educate patients on products, procedures or pre/post care. Recommend skin care products, provide patients with written instructions for product use, and distribute informational brochures as necessary.
- Assist with laser procedures, as instructed, including set up and shut down of equipment.
- Provide wound care and instructions to patients.
- Prepare specimens for submission to outside laboratories, track results of blood-work and cultures, and ensure accurate and timely entry of information into the pathology log book for all specimens.
- Assist with set up, reading and documentation of pathology specimens. File pathology slides as necessary.
- Participate in monitoring medical / surgical inventory of supplies.
- Oversee stocking of informational packet closet, log of samples and local anesthesia pre-filled syringes.
- Register patients online for IPLEDGE (Isotretinoin) program (program for acne), complete appropriate paperwork and ensure timely receipt of laboratory results.
- Collect incoming faxes and address appropriately.
- Prepare patients and perform light box treatments.
- Attend required meetings as requested.
- Enhance professional growth and development through in-service meetings and educational programs.
- Maintain strict HIPPA guidelines related to patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned commensurate with experience and skill level.
- Maintain professional appearance, according to office policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of procedures and treatments including but not limited to: medical terminology, wound care, treatment of skin cancer, HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, DEA and Laser Safety Regulations and Standards, EMA/Nextgen EHR and EPM, dictation and scanning equipment
- Embrace Pima Dermatology’s patient care philosophy to provide the highest quality of care when it comes to our patients, work pleasantly and effectively with others, communicate clearly – both in writing and verbally, maintain confidentiality
High school diploma or GED
At least two years of patient service experience in a health care organization; dermatology or plastic surgery center experience preferred, but not required; bilingual preferred, but not required.
Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited institution
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of patient service experience in a health care environment.
All qualified and interested candidates can submit their CVs and Letters of Interest to Marisela Gonzalez, Human Resources & Administrative Coordinator, at email@example.com.