We are taking every precaution to ensure your safety and well-being at Pima Dermatology. We are following the CDC and state guidelines to protect our patients and staff, helping you to feel even more comfortable and safe during your visit and treatment with us.
DAY OF YOUR VISIT
For Scheduled In-Office Visit
- If you suspect that you may have symptoms of COVID-19 or have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment, please call our office. We will work with you to reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive alone (unless you need an escort) to reduce the number of people in our office.
- Please arrive no sooner than 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- We require all patients and guests to wear a facial covering (mask, bandana, scarf, etc.) to your appointment and wear it at all times when you enter the office and until the staff instructs you to remove it if needed for your appointment. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyone wear a mask when entering a health care setting. This is to help prevent transmission from infected individuals who may or may not have symptoms of COVID-19. Learn more about CDC guidelines on face coverings and how to make your own mask here.
- Maintain a Safe Distance: Please keep a safe, 6 foot minimum distance from others during your visit, when outside of the treatment room.
For Scheduled Telederm Appointment
- We will initiate the visit by contacting you when your provider is ready.
- Once we contact you, you will be sent a link to access the provider’s virtual waiting room.
NEW SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
We are taking every precaution to confidently welcome you back and ensure your safety and well-being:
- Protective Equipment: Our staff are wearing masks and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), in accordance with CDC guidelines, at all times. We require patients and guests to wear facial coverings at all times.
- Increased Cleaning and Disinfection: Adhering to CDC and state guidelines, all surfaces and equipment are being cleaned and disinfected. Proper room decontamination is being conducted.
- Staggered Appointments + Physical Distancing Measures: We are staggering the appointments to ensure adequate time to wipe down spaces in order to maintain a safe and socially acceptable 6 foot (and then some) distance for patients. Staff and Providers practice social distancing while working, and when not performing procedures.
- Healthy Staff: Staff and patients experiencing flu-like symptoms or who have had a fever in the past 24 hours, as a courtesy to our staff and fellow patients, are asked to stay home.
- Clean and Disinfected: Adhering to CDC and state guidelines, all surfaces and equipment are cleaned and disinfected. Proper room decontamination is being conducted in between patients. Hand sanitizers are available throughout the building for patient and staff use, as well as facilities to wash hands with soap and water.